"What luck for the rulers that men do not think." -Adolf Hitler
"I will bring this war to an end in 2009. So don’t be confused." -- Senator Barack Obama

"If you don't like Obama, you is a racist!" -- Kelonda

Search This Blog

"If the government robs Peter to pay Paul, he can count on the continued support of Paul.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

JEFF ZELENY: In Iowa, Second Thoughts on Obama

"But by the time she received a fund-raising letter last month from the Democratic National Committee, a sense of disappointment had set in. She returned the solicitation with a handwritten note, saying, 'Until I see some progress and he lives up to his promises in Iowa, we will not give one penny.'

"'I’m afraid I wasn’t realistic,' Ms. McAreavy, 76, a retired school nurse, said on a recent morning on the deck of her home here in east-central Iowa.

"'I really thought there would be immediate change,' she said. 'Sometimes the Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. But it’s politics as usual, and that’s what I voted against.'"

No comments: