Thursday, January 21, 2010
"Rep. John Dingell hired a man, to hold a sign, depicting Obama as Hitler, outside his Town hall meeting, to falsely portray those that oppose Obama's healthcare plan. The same man, was then seen handing out Dingell bumper stickers and flyers."
That is ridiculous.
It's Bush's fault!
* During his campaign for the presidency and since, Obama repeatedly assured us that he would protect Medicare against cuts; but he now presses for passage of bills that include savage cuts in Medicare.
* To obtain passage of his first stimulus bill, Obama assured us that 90% of the jobs created would be in the private sector; but as he well knew, most of them were to be in the public sector.
* Early in the health care debate, Obama assured us that he had not said that he favored a single payer system; but he was on record as having said exactly that.
* Obama gave primary voters a firm assurance that if he became the nominee of the Democratic party he would (unlike Hillary Clinton) abide by the campaign finance limits of public funding; but as soon as he became the party’s nominee, he reneged on that pledge.
* During the presidential campaign Obama criticized the presence of former lobbyists in the Bush administration and solemnly assured us that he would appoint no lobbyists to his administration; but once elected he proceeded to appoint even more lobbyists than his predecessors.
* Obama criticized the size of George Bush’s deficit and promised to stop deficit spending if elected; but he has already quadrupled the size of the deficit he objected to and recklessly continues new federal spending in the trillions.
* When campaigning Obama criticized bills before the congress that were too long for anyone to be able to read and promised to stop that; but the bills he has been backing throughout his first year are infinitely longer (2000+ pages) than the ones he criticized.
* Candidate Obama promised an end to the corruption of earmarks and pork, but in the bills he has supported this year there have been more and bigger earmarks than ever before.
* Candidate Obama promised us that CIA personnel involved in the interrogation of terrorists would not be prosecuted; but his administration is now doing exactly that.
* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that the health bill he supported (pre-Stupak) would not provide public funding for abortions; but bitter resistance on the part of House Democrats to inclusion of language to that effect soon proved that it did.
* Candidate Obama promised that he would make sure that there was always enough time for the public to read legislation before it was enacted; but he has done exactly the opposite, repeatedly pressing for even faster passage of even longer bills.
* Candidate Obama met fears that he would be a tax and spend liberal by promising, emphatically and repeatedly, that those earning under $200,000 would see no increase in their taxes of any kind; but he now urges passage of a healthcare bill that breaks that pledge in many different ways, and his unrestrained increase in federal spending makes more tax increases inevitable.
* Candidate Obama promised bipartisanship and an end to partisan bickering; but in a display of especially ruthless partisanship his allies have shut Republicans out of all key meetings on his health care initiative, with the unprecedented result that domestic legislation of historic importance garnered not a single Republican vote in the Senate.
* Candidate Obama criticized his opponent’s plan to tax employer paid healthcare benefits, and promised he would not tax them; but the bill he now backs will do just that.
* Obama had promised that he would not sign a healthcare bill that would add one dime to the federal deficit; but the bill he now backs adds trillions in new federal spending, offset only by new sources of revenue that are both uncertain and more properly seen as offsetting the already existing deficit.
* Obama coerced congress into passing his stimulus bill by promising that if it were passed unemployment could go no higher then 8%; but unemployment is now at 10%, and he could not possibly have had good reason to exclude that possibility.
* Obama promised that his cap and trade legislation will create jobs; but its massive tax increases will certainly hobble the economy and destroy jobs, while green jobs in significant numbers can at best be hoped for, but never promised.
* Obama has repeatedly assured the American people that if they like their current health plan they can keep it; but the House bill which he supported created huge incentives for employers to drop their coverage and shift their members to a public option.
* Obama has just as often assured the public that under his health plan everyone will be able to keep their current doctor; but many are certain to lose their doctors when ObamaCare’s large cuts in Medicare funding induce more doctors to withdraw from Medicare coverage, as they also would were employers to transfer patients to a public option to save money.
* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that his health plan would not fund illegal aliens; but his allies had been busy voting down amendments to that effect. (This was the point of Joe Wilson’s outburst.)
* Obama claimed that John Deere’s CEO had told him that Deere would begin hiring again as a result of the stimulus bill; but that individual immediately announced that he had said no such thing, and that Deere would in fact be laying off more workers.
* Candidate Obama promised that Guantanamo would be closed by January 1, 2010; but it is still open.
* Candidate Obama promised that his administration (unlike his predecessor’s) would be so transparent that TV cameras (C-Span) would be there for key deliberations; but an unprecedented level of secrecy prevails as the final stages of Obamacare are negotiated behind closed doors and kept so secret that even the Senate majority whip admitted that he had no idea what was going on. Requests for Obama to honor the promise of C-Span cameras are being ignored.
* To gain traction for his attempt to return a would-be socialist dictator in Honduras to power, Obama claimed that he had been overthrown in an illegal coup; but the congressional research service pointed out correctly that ex-President Zelaya had been removed for constitutionally sufficient cause by legal and constitutional means.
* Obama claims that he wants a public option only to increase choice and competition; but the House bill would clearly reduce choice both by squeezing unsubsidized private health plans out of the market, and by setting rigid conditions on acceptable plans that would narrow available options.
* Candidate Obama claimed that violent radical Bill Ayers was just another guy in his neighborhood; but the record shows that the two had worked closely together.
* Obama assured us that his stimulus bill would create or save a million jobs; but he was claiming as fact what could never have been more than a wild (and highly improbable) guess, and his more recent attempts to justify that guess have been fraudulent.
* Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or “pull the plug” on grandma; but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.
* Obama now assures us that health insurance premiums will not go up if ObamaCare becomes law, insisting indignantly that people who say this have not read the bill; but the legislation forces insurers to cover preexisting conditions, which will compel them to raise premiums substantially.
"Danny Glover said: "The earthquake in Haiti is a result of global warming. Glover told GRITtv that it could have happened to any of the Caribbean island nations: 'They are all in peril because of global warming.'
"Then, he lamented the failure of the climate summit in Copenhagen. As a result of that failure, he says, 'this is what happened.' (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583162,00.html)
"Therefore the earthquake hit a poor black nation instead of a rich white nation. Mother Earth must be racist."
"SisterSunnShine discusses the sad case of Dennis Hopper. A false idol to many during his lifetime. A "celebrity". A man who held influence over many during the course of his life. He bought and sold, married and divorced, lived the "good life", had everything that the world had to offer... yet by all appearances he is spiritually dead. Un-regenerated... Now as he stands on the edge of eternity he has filed for divorce from his much younger wife and family members are gathered like vultures to fight over his money. At the great white throne judgment all of his actions good & bad will be presented. Was the short 73 years here on Earth worth his soul? Was all the fame and "glory" worth the eternity without God he is facing?"
“Muslim demands are supported by unlawful behavior, ranging from petty crimes and random violence, for example against ambulance workers and bus drivers, to small-scale riots. Paris has seen its uprising in the low-income suburbs, the banlieus. Some prefer to see these as isolated incidents, but I call it a Muslim intifada. I call the perpetrators “settlers”. Because that is what they are. They do not come to integrate into our societies, they come to integrate our society into their Dar-al-Islam. Therefore, they are settlers.
“Much of this street violence I mentioned is directed exclusively against non-Muslims, forcing many native people to leave their neighborhoods, their cities, their countries.
“Our many problems with Islam cannot be explained by poverty, repression or the European colonial past, as the Left claims. Nor does it have anything to do with Palestinians or American troops in Iraq. The problem is Islam itself.
“Allow me to give you a brief Islam 101. The first thing you need to know about Islam is the importance of the book of the Quran. The Quran is Allah’s personal word, revealed by an angel to Mohammed, the prophet. This is where the trouble starts. Every word in the Quran is Allah’s word and therefore not open to discussion or interpretation. It is valid for every Muslim and for all times. Therefore, there is no such a thing as moderate Islam. Sure, there are a lot of moderate Muslims. But a moderate Islam is non-existent.
“The Quran calls for hatred, violence, submission, murder, and terrorism. The Quran calls for Muslims to kill non-Muslims, to terrorize non-Muslims and to fulfill their duty to wage war: violent jihad. Jihad is a duty for every Muslim, Islam is to rule the world – by the sword. The Quran is clearly anti-Semitic, describing Jews as monkeys and pigs.
“The second thing you need to know is the importance of Mohammed the prophet. His behavior is an example to all Muslims and cannot be criticized. Now, if Mohammed had been a man of peace, let us say like Ghandi and Mother Theresa wrapped in one, there would be no problem. But Mohammed was a warlord, a mass murderer, a pedophile, and had several marriages – at the same time. Islamic tradition tells us how he fought in battles, how he had his enemies murdered and even had prisoners of war executed. Mohammed himself slaughtered the Jewish tribe of Banu Qurayza. He advised on matters of slavery, but never advised to liberate slaves. Islam has no other morality than the advancement of Islam. If it is good for Islam, it is good. If it is bad for Islam, it is bad. There is no gray area or other side.
"'I’m very disappointed. We endorsed him. I voted for him. I supported him publicly and privately.'
"He talks about Obama misjudging the character of the country. He points out that with Obamacare, people were worried about costs, not expansion of coverage and he specific points out the corruption in Washington and how it has gotten worse, not better since Obama took office.
"'In the campaign, he said he would change politics as usual. He did change them. It’s now worse than it was. I’ve now seen the kind of buying off of politicians that I’ve never seen before. It’s politically corrupt and it’s starting at the top. It’s revolting.'"
"Instead of change, Obama has delivered more of GWB: corporatism, corruption, giveaways to the rich, and militarism. He wanted to look forward, not backwards. Now Republicans can paint themselves as populist saviors of the middle class, protecting hard-working Americans from government waste, from government handouts to rich people, and from burdensome taxation and regulations.
Let's see, the writer is white. He is critical of Obama who is black.
Brother X's philosophy exactly: "When in doubt, blame Bush."
Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again.
“'Executions?' Che Guevara exclaimed while addressing the hallowed halls of the U.N. General Assembly Dec. 9, 1964. 'Certainly we execute!' he declared, to the claps and cheers of that august body. 'And we will continue executing as long as it is necessary! This is a war to the death against the revolution’s enemies!'”
Let's get real. His fans know he was a mass murderer. And its cool with them.
"Obama punted on the economy and reversed the fortunes of the Democrats in 365 days.
"He’s misjudged the character of the country in his whole approach. There’s the saying, 'It’s the economy, stupid.' He didn’t get it. He was determined somehow or other to adopt a whole new agenda. He didn’t address the main issue."
Matthews Pivots Right: I'm Worried About Big Government, Too Many Entitlement Programs and Rising Taxes
"Last eight years? Is that a reference to George W. Bush? Is Obama blaming voter anger on Bush?
"Okay, using Obama's logic, that would mean to show their anger against Bush the voters in the bluest of blue states decided to vote in a Republican.
"Yeah, makes a heck of a lot of sense, doesn't it?
"Is that why the 'blame Bush' part was cut out of the You Tube video? Did ABC realize the idiocy of Obama's statement?
"Barack Obama has been in 'blame Bush' mode for so long, it rolls naturally off his tongue, apparently."
That is pathetic.
"A CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey found that only 42 percent of black Americans say that they are ‘happy’ about Obama’s presidency down from 61 percent last January.
"'African-Americans are still big fans of the first black president in US history but the thrill is gone,' said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.
"Imani Perry Professor at the Centre for African American Studies at Princeton University believes black Americans are beginning to be critique their president.
"'Slowly, we are beginning to hear more African Americans who are in the public eye offering criticisms of some of President Obama's policies and positions. I think this is a positive development. African Americans, like any other sector of the society, should critically evaluate leaders irrespective of race. Racial loyalty should not cloud our judgment of political leaders,' she said."