Thursday, April 29, 2010
"It's important to distinguish between a political threat and a physical one."
From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100429/OPINION01/4290336/1008/What-s-behind-the-anti-tea-party-hate-stories#ixzz0mWbZNHgY
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Saturday, April 24, 2010
"Yet, as president, Mr. Obama and his aides have caved, leaving Sudan gloating at American weakness. Western monitors, Sudanese journalists and local civil society groups have all found this month's Sudanese elections to be deeply flawed - yet Mr. Obama's special envoy for Sudan, Maj. Gen. Scott Gration, pre-emptively defended the elections, saying they would be 'as free and as fair as possible.' The White House showed only a hint more backbone with a hurried reference this week to 'an essential step' with 'serious irregularities.'
"President Omar Hassan al-Bashir of Sudan - the man wanted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity in Darfur - has been celebrating. His regime calls itself the National Congress Party, or N.C.P., and he was quoted in Sudan as telling a rally in the Blue Nile region: 'Even America is becoming an N.C.P. member. No one is against our will.'
"Memo to Mr. Obama: When a man who has been charged with crimes against humanity tells the world that America is in his pocket, it's time to review your policy."
"In other words, a liberal dream!
"Oh, did I mention that there is also horrific poverty, famine, and starvation in North Korea? Let's assume, just for the sake of argumentation, that each year some 10 percent of the North Korean population is dying from malnutrition or illness.
"Now, suppose we asked Sumner to give us his recommendation for ending poverty in North Korea. What would he say? He would say: 'Adopt a welfare state and a controlled economy! Create bureaucratic departments, modeled on the IRS and U.S. welfare agencies, whose job it is to confiscate wealth from the rich and give it to the poor!'
"Do you see the problem though? Sumner would be doing what liberals always do: they assume that there is a pie of wealth to confiscate and redistribute. That's their solution to ending poverty. But he would be missing the obvious point: They already have total socialism in North Korea, which is precisely why there is no pie for Sumner to confiscate and redistribute. Everyone has nothing."
"Barack Obama must have read that book, and loved it. His performance in office is quite similar to the performance of Philip Dru. Philip Dru believed that:
Our Constitution and our laws served us well for the first 100 years of our existence, but under the conditions of today, they are not only obsolete, but even grotesque (p.222).
"Listen to Obama explain why he believes that the Constitution is '... an imperfect document, and deeply flawed.'"
Friday, April 23, 2010
* A man whose birth records, both in the United States and Kenya, are sealed by government order.
* A man whose childhood mentor, Frank Marshall Davis, spied on U.S. military installations in Hawaii for the Soviet Union, edited a communist newspaper, authored pornographic novels, and wrote poetry in praise of Joseph Stalin.
* A man who promised transparency in government, but has spent over a million dollars in legal fees hiding information that would determine his eligibility to be President.
* A man whose academic records are sealed from kindergarten through law school.
* A man who arrived in New York in June of 1981 without enough money to get a hotel room, but one month later flew to Indonesia and Pakistan.
* Why did he go?
* Who paid his expenses?
* A man who traveled to Pakistan when it was illegal for U.S. citizens to do so. So what country’s passport did he use?
* A man whose Law School Admission Test scores and grades at Columbia University are known to have been mediocre, but was admitted to Harvard Law School through the intervention of a Saudi named Khalid al -Mansour.
* A law review editor who never published an article in any law review.
* A lawyer with no significant accomplishments in the law and no reputation in the legal community.
* A former State and U.S. Senator, who never authored a piece of legislation.
* A disciple of the Marxist Saul Alinsky.
* A product of the Chicago political machine—the most corrupt political organization in America.
* A man who selects Marxists, corrupt politicians, and criminals as his close political associates and personal friends.
* A man whose presidential candidacy was endorsed by the Democratic Socialists of America, the Socialist International, and the Workers International League.
* A man lauded for the literary brilliance of two memoirs, both of which were ghostwritten by others.
* A so-called Christian who says that knowing when human life begins is “above his pay-grade,” but somehow knows that abortion is permissible at any stage.
* A man who thinks “waterboarding” is immoral, but that partial-birth abortion is moral.
* A man who publicly laments slavery in America—which was abolished 150 years ago—but praises Islam, which still practices both slavery and the sexual mutilation of young girls.
* A man who speaks endlessly about helping the less fortunate, but gives almost none of his sizeable income to charity—not even to his half-brother, who is living in squalor in Kenya.
* A man who had the most left-wing voting record in the United State Senate, but was predicted by the press to “govern from the middle.”
* A man who has never created a job, met a payroll, or even operated a lemonade stand, but wants to tell Detroit how to make cars.
* A President who has never before served as an executive in either the private or the public sector.
* A Commander-in-Chief who doesn’t know how to shoot a rifle, throw a hand-grenade, drive a tank, fly a plane, or con a ship.
* A Commander-in-Chief who has publicly divulged some of our nation’s most important intelligence secrets.
* A man who has been put in charge of the largest economic engine that ever existed, but has never invested in the stock market and admits total ignorance of it.
* A President who says that science will guide his administration, but has no education in the sciences.
* A man who is proficient in reading what is written for him on a teleprompter, but jerks and stammers his way through any off-the-cuff speaking.
* A man whose health records are sealed from childhood to the present day.
* A man who spent 20 years in a church whose pastor espouses Marxist Liberation Theology, anti-Americanism, anti-capitalism, and anti-Semitism, but claims he never heard his pastor utter anti-American, and anti-Semitic statements.
* A man who added more to the National Debt in 120 days than all other Presidents did in the past 220 years, yet feels qualified to lecture Americans about “fiscal responsibility”.
* A man who publicly expressed disdain for the U.S. Constitution on a Chicago radio station because it limited the government’s ability to “redistribute wealth.”
* A man who sits and listens submissively while his country is castigated by Daniel Ortega—a Communist thug whose own daughter accused him of raping her.
* A narcissist who gave the Queen of England a present from the United States --an iPod containing recordings of his own speeches.
* A so-called Christian who officially declared “Pride Month” for a lifestyle that the Bible calls an abomination.
* A man who wanted Americans to ignore his Muslim name during his election campaign, yet boasts of his Muslim name when he travels to Muslim countries.
* A man who can name hundreds of America’s shortcomings, yet none of its great accomplishments.
* A President who claims the moral high ground by closing Gitmo yet supports the transfer of terror suspects to countries where horrific torture is certain.
* A President who scoffed at being called a socialist yet acted to nationalize the auto industry, the banking industry, and the insurance industry . . . and now seeks to nationalize the healthcare industry.
* A President who violates private property rights, the sanctity of contracts, and the rule of law—three essential principles that go back over a thousand years in the Common Law tradition.
* A man who promised 95% of all Americans a tax cut, but is increasing taxes on 100% of the population through inflation—the cruelest tax of all.
* A lawyer who represented ACORN—an organization now indicted in several states for voter fraud—whose stated goal is to get as many people on welfare as possible in order to destroy our financial system.
* A President who cheated GM’s bondholders by giving their property to the UAW in a political payoff.
* An American President who frequently criticizes his own country when speaking in foreign countries, but never praises America’s generosity, goodness or greatness.
* A President whose Secretary of the Treasury cheated on his taxes—as did several other appointees and advisors.
* A President who scoffs at being called a socialist, yet has appointed 28 “Czars” to circumvent constitutional government, including:
* A “Science Czar” who has advocated compulsory abortions for American women and the “surrender of sovereignty” to a “comprehensive Planetary Regime.”
* A self-professed communist as his “Green Jobs Czar”. A "Pay Czar” to regulate the pay of corporate executives.
* A President who swore an oath to “preserve, protect and defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic,” yet has nominated a domestic enemy of the Constitution to the Supreme Court.
* A President whose Homeland Security Chief classified pro-lifers, veterans, and supporters of traditional marriage as terrorists.
* A President who stood silent while the Iranian government hacked unarmed protestors to death with axes, because it was an internal matter, but freely offers his opinions about the internal affairs of Israel and Honduras.
* A President who decreed that true acts of terrorism must now be described as “man-made disasters.”
* A President who cracks hurtful jokes about Special Olympians.
* A President who refused to intercept or inspect a North Korean ship virtually certain to be carrying Weapons of Mass Destruction to Burma.
* A President who wants to cancel all missile defenses while rogue nations are developing long-range ballistic missiles.
* An American President who blames the violence in Mexico on America.
* A Commander in Chief who claims to have been unaware that Air Force One was taken on a terrifying, low-level photo-op over Manhattan.
* A President who berates American CEO’s for flying in private planes at private expense on company business, but whose wife spends hundreds of thousands tax payer dollars flying to Paris for a shopping spree.
* A President who promised a transparent administration, but requires all questions be screened before “impromptu” appearances.
* A man who freely admitted that his energy policies are designed to bankrupt the American coal industry.
* A President who has presided over the loss of 14.7 million jobs and whose “energy policy” will cause the loss of another 1 million jobs.
* A President whose “energy policy” will increase the average American’s utility bills by over $2,000 a year in the middle of the Great Recession.
It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter’s speech to be cancelled this week.
It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.
It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.
Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative manifesto.
It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.
It’s liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.
It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a black conservative man who spoke his mind.
It’s doubtful that a conservative fired shots into a GOP campaign headquarters.
In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.
Don’t forget it was Obama’s friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.
It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008.
It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.
It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.
It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.
The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.
Every time the G20 gets together, it’s not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.
The left is perpetuating the myth of right-wing violence in an effort to delegitimize opposition to President Obama’s radical agenda. Expect the shrill voices of the left to grow even louder in coming months.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Make my day, suckers.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
"The misnamed Southern 'Poverty' Law Center is nothing of the sort. That organization is drowning in money. Their 'leadership' doesn't give a ticker's damn about the U.S. Constitution. Morris Dees cares only for money and he's been raking it in for decades to support his lavish lifestyle. A lifestyle of sexual perversion (peeping on his naked 16-year old step daughter), sexual deviant (in bed with another man in front of his wife) and peddling 'intolerance' better than any snake oil salesman of the 19th Century."
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
"But one of the key figures – the bomber himself – Timothy McVeigh, was spotted in the federal building on a number of occasions."
I was driving my mother’s car the other day and I commented on how small her rearview mirrors were. My rearview mirrors are big because, as a Texan, I drive a large SUV that I use to work my ranch. As I was looking out of her rearview mirrors, I wondered, as a Constitutionalist (my new self-definition), about whether Americans have something in common with rearview mirrors. Is the traditional American view — the basis of our country, our thesis, our founding principles, our United States Constitution — receding in our rearview mirrors? Are we, as a country, driving away from these founding principles?
In order to be a more perfect union in today’s environment we need to be more aware. Without awareness there can be no subsequent resulting action as citizens. Trying to evaluate legislation and governmental action without a knowledge of the Constitution is a lot like sitting in the passenger seat as the driver moves ahead in the dark – without headlights. An enlightened people were the hope and the engine of our new Republic in the 18th century. It is no different today.
But wait, maybe a better metaphor is better represented as the driver of a car moving forward toward the results of a horrendous earthquake – an earthquake that has left a deep, uneven division on the land. Thrust upon the divide are the clumps of dry parched land left to bake in the sun – the American Republic, the America loved and cherished by many patriots of yesterday and today.
As we look to the future with angst and thirst for righteousness we realize we must look back in our rearview mirrors. The nourishment our land needs is already available to cultivate the soil, to fertilize the country of America and her people. In the rearview we see the vitamins and minerals we need. — They are in the United States Constitution and its companion piece, The Federalist, or The Federalist Papers.
In these documents are all the answers America needs but to solve the riddle of how we move forward we must read them! We must join together in a unifying mission to become aware of what is in these great documents and to understand them. We should no longer let Washington, D.C., our representatives, the bureaucracy, or Obama administration officials do our thinking for us. Ignorance enables them to get away with all of the things we do not understand.
If we are to protest or approve of the actions of the three branches of our government we must do so with a foundation of knowledge. We must educate ourselves and we must educate our children. It is like preparing for the great debate. As a nation we are either moving away from our Constitution, watching it shrink in the rearview mirror, or we are turning around and driving toward it.
"The government in power now seeks to control even more of the people's money. They must create another victimized group to do so and, therefore, convince the poor that they are poor because of society's most productive members. They are told that the 'rich' did not earn their wealth but obtained it by fortunate situations or by hurting others. Once Karl Marx convinced the people of this, the people allowed them power enough to literally take over a so-called rich person's house. The rich person and his family were forced to stay in the smallest and least desirable room in the house while the government-declared poor were given free reign of the house and the possessions of the rich family. This was one of the final steps in the government owning all property and wealth in communist Russia. Again, the government acts slow enough to prevent most of the people from realizing or believing communism/socialism is invading. So rather this process starts by convincing the people that it's fair to tax one person at a greater percentage or for more money. The argument will be that the 'rich' can afford it and therefore it's acceptable to take a high percentage or more from them. The people who are convinced they are victimized will accept this and even some of the wealthy. Though in principle, it is unethical to take something from someone on the basis of them having more than you. That will be brushed aside because of the envy that is created by the government."
2.) It adds $500 Billion in new tax increases at a time in our nation’s history when a RECORD number of American’s pay NO INCOME TAXES! And if you believe the lie told by President Obama that your taxes will NOT increase if you make less than $200,000 as an Individual or $250,000 as a Married couple, you need to know the TRUTH! Hat tip to Mr. Jay Heflin over at THE HILL who wrote:
“Taxpayers earning less than $200,000 a year will pay roughly $3.9 billion more in taxes — in 2019 alone — due to healthcare reform, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, Congress’s official scorekeeper. The new law raises $15.2 billion over 10 years by limiting the medical expense deduction, a provision widely used by taxpayers who either have a serious illness or are older.
Taxpayers can currently deduct medical expenses in excess of 7.5 percent of their adjusted gross income. Starting in 2013, most taxpayers will only be able to deduct expenses greater than 10 percent of AGI. Older taxpayers are hit by this threshold increase in 2017. Once the law is fully implemented in 2019, the JCT estimates the deduction limitation will affect 14.8 million taxpayers — 14.7 million of them will earn less than $200,000 a year. These taxpayers are single and joint filers, as well as heads of households.”Loss of this deduction will mean higher taxes for 14.7 million individuals and families making under $200,000 a year in 2019,”
3.) The law ROBS Medicare and Social Security (AND THEY’RE BOTH ALREADY BROKE!) In fact, the Trustees of Medicare & Social Security state that the total unfunded liabilities between both programs are now more than $84 trillion! Worse yet, as of March 2010 Social Security is NOW OFFICIALLY BROKE!
Unlike what you may have been told, the new law CREATES a $662 BILLION DEFICIT! How? According to the CBO report issued AFTER the “reform” bill was initially scored by them, the Democrats did NOT include the following expenses prior to the bills passage:
a.) 70 Billion for the “Class Act” (long term care coverage).
b.) $53 Billion that WILL BE ROBBED from the Social Security Trust fund.
c.) $71 Billion in appropriations needed to enforce the purchase of Insurance and to administer Obamacare (including $10 Billion for thousands of new IRS agents to “enforce” the Health Insurance purchase mandate and 159 NEW Federal Agencies to administer this behemoth.)
d.) $308 Billion that WILL BE ROBBED from the Medicare Trust Fund
e.) $208 Billion “doctor fix” that was passed AFTER the “reform” bill was passed on April 1st, 2010
Representative Paul Ryan breaks it down with an easy to understand chart:
4.) In order to keep the final CBO score under $1 Trillion they counted these TRANSFERS from Medicare & the Social Security Trust Fund as “A Savings”. What will be the REAL result of this economic trickery? Charles Krauthammer discusses the INEVITABLE “Value Added Tax“.
5.) $468 BILLION in additional spending on subsidies to purchase government approved health insurance.
6.) $48 BILLION in additional spending for Medicaid. Did I mention that Medicaid costs are growing by 23% this year? This MASSIVE expansion of Medicaid will lead to even LARGER budget deficits for States like California, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan and many others already facing crippling Medicaid burdens. This is exactly why so many States have filed suit to protect themselves against the new health care “reform” law. In fact, the State of Georgia’s Insurance Commissioner has stated that he’s not waiting for the lawsuits, he’s saying no to Obamacare RIGHT NOW!
7.) A Huge new increase on Capital Gains tax of almost 4%. Who does that affect? Anyone with any SAVINGS, most especially those in the market. So not only do we have RECORD unemployment, we’re now going to lose EVEN MORE of whatever savings we have LEFT!
8.) The law has a DECADE of Medicare Cuts a DECADE of Tax Increases, and only 6 yrs of supposed benefits!
9.) Let’s say we could afford to add another $682 BILLION to our already MASSIVE $13 TRILLION debt. Does ANY ONE REALLY BELIEVE that’s ALL this legislation is going to cost us? Let’s look at some history:
a.) In 1965 the Fed projected that costs for Medicare Part A would be $9 Billion. They ended up being $67 BILLION.
b.) The Medicaid special hospital subsidy was supposed to cost $100 MILLION. Instead the real cost was $11 BILLION! That’s ONE HUNDRED TIMES GREATER!
10.) The law includes $132 Billion in CUTS to the Medicare Advantage program.
11.) One of the MANY costs associated with this law that were NOT included in the CBO score were the appropriations (money needed to fund the 159 new government agencies needed to implement “Obamacare”). $10 BILLION OF WHICH WILL BE SPENT HIRING ANOTHER THOUSANDS OF NEW IRS Agents! To whom you will report each month confirming purchase and maintenance of Government approved Health Insurance for each of your employees AND their families. How much will you pay?
12.) Depending on the size of your business, the law mandates that employers pay 72.5% of all of their employee’s health insurance premiums and 65% of all of their employee’s families premiums! What harm will this do to our American Businesses?
What harm will this do to our American Businesses? Companies like John Deere, Boeing, Caterpillar, Prudential Life, 3M, Honeywell, AK Steel Holding Corp, ITW, Valero Energy, and Allegheny Technologies have stated this new law will cost them MILLIONS.
13.) About those Tax Credits that are supposed to be so “helpful” to Small Businesses? Hat tip to NFIB for breaking down the TRUTH about those:
The CBO cites that just 12 percent of the small business population would benefit in any way. The credit is very restrictive and puts small business owners through a series of complicated “tests” to determine the actual amount of the credit. Three conditions must be met for small businesses to qualify for any portion of the credit:
Business size – Very few small firms will receive the full credit (only firms with 10 employees or less). For firms with 11-25 employees, the credit is reduced per employee. Firms with more than 25 employees get NO credit.
Average employee wages – The credit is tied to the average wage of workers. Only firms who pay their workers $25,000 or less are eligible for the full credit. The credit is reduced as the average wage goes up, stopping at $50,000. (Note: Average wage for a firm with 10 or fewer employees is approximately $27,000.)
Employer contribution – Only firms covering 50 percent or more of insurance costs will be eligible. The credit is only available for a maximum of six years, but healthcare costs will continue to increase well after those six years.
14.) The law imposes a tax on small business health insurance plans. Messaged as a “health insurance fee,” this tax is actually a tax on small business. The new tax is structured as an annual fee on insurers and it does not expire. The annual “fee” begins at $8 billion in 2014 and steadily increases to $14.3 billion in 2018. In subsequent years, this fee remains at $14.3 billion annually added to whatever the rate of premium increase is for that year. One thing health insurers (and the CBO) have made clear: new taxes on them mean new costs passed on to customers. Small businesses will be paying for this new tax.
· How it works: An insurer’s portion of the annual tax will be determined based on their market share. Insurers aren’t simply going to absorb this new, expensive tax.
· These new costs will be passed solely onto the fully-insured market (where nearly all small businesses buy their insurance) because Congress exempted self-insured plans (big business and labor unions are exempt).
· Early estimates from policy analysts show family premiums are expected to go up at least $500 per year.
· Simply put: This is not a tax insurers will be paying. This is a tax on small businesses’ health insurance plans.
· Small businesses already suffer from high and volatile costs increases; a new tax like this doesn’t help to reduce future costs.
15.) The law increases the tax paperwork costs on small businesses. The so-called “corporate reporting” requirement will place a new and enormous tax-filing burden on all small business owners. The cost of complying with the new filing requirements will increase the cost of doing business and falls disproportionately on small business owners.
· Businesses will have to send Form 1099s for every business-to-business transaction of $600 or more – a tremendous new paperwork burden.
· The costs associated with tax paperwork (on average, more than $74 per hour) is the most expensive paperwork burden that the federal government imposes on small business owners.
· The cost of tax compliance falls heavily on small business and is 66 percent higher for a small business compared to a large business.
· Complying with the tax code is especially burdensome to small business owners, because they lack in-house finance departments like most large businesses. This means the burden to comply with the paperwork is either handled by the owner or outsourced to an accounting firm.
16.) The Bill imposes an unprecedented increase in Medicare payroll tax. Since its creation, payroll taxes that fund Medicare programs have been dedicated specifically to funding Medicare. Not only does H.R. 3590 increase the Medicare payroll tax to 2.35 percent but it uses the additional revenue to pay for non-Medicare programs, creating a dangerous precedent to use payroll taxes to pay for more non-Medicare programs in the future.
· The bill adds a new tax on income over $200,000 for individuals ($250,000 for joint filers). Adding to the problem, wages are not indexed for inflation, meaning that more small businesses will face this tax increase each year.
· Since 75 percent of small business owners pay their taxes at the individual level, this tax will hit the business income of many small business owners.
· The businesses most likely to see the tax increase are those that employee between 20 to 200 workers. These businesses account for more than one-quarter of the American workforce.
17.) The law imposes a new Medicare tax on non-payroll income. This new tax continues the unprecedented trend of dedicating Medicare tax revenue to non-Medicare programs and also expands the tax to additional sources of income.
· Medicare has traditionally been funded by taxes paid on a worker’s wages. The new 3.8 percent tax on those reporting $200,000 in income ($250,000 for joint filers) will, for the first time, apply to non-wage income such as capital gains, rents, interest, royalties and dividends. (75 percent of small business owners pay their taxes at the individual level).
· Ninety-five percent of small business owners own real estate. Whether the real estate is sold for a profit or rented to another business, this income will now be subjected to an additional 3.8 percent tax.
· This new tax will deter investment in businesses and other profit-earning ventures.
18.) The new law allows ANYONE to purchase Health Insurance at ANY TIME regardless of Pre-existing conditions. That sounds very “fair” doesn’t it? There’s only ONE problem with that? Since they can buy it at ANY time without regard to Pre-existing conditions, THEY HAVE NO REASON TO KEEP THE POLICY once they’re treatment is over! What will that do? We don’t have to wait to find out. We just need to look at Obamacare’s evil twin “Romney Care” in the State of Massachusetts to find out.
19.) Arguably the most troubling language in the law is the new 85%/15% MLR (Medical Loss Ratio) Rule applied to all private Health Insurance companies. This new MLR could very conceivably bring about the END of all private Health Insurance companies in a very short period of time. Robert A. Book PHD & Senior Fellow of Health Economics at the Heritage Foundation explains why.
20.) Besides the MASSIVE taxes that begin immediately, MANY CUTS begin as well and the bulk of them will hit Medicare recipients. Oh and remember when we were told by President Obama & Speaker Pelosi that children would be able to get coverage for pre-existing conditions 6 months after the new bill was signed? They FORGOT to include that in the bill! So now, NOT EVEN THAT “benefit” will begin until 2014! That was, until the Health Insurance companies agreed to honor this new law NOW, EVEN THOUGH the legislation stated they did not have to until 2014!
Strangely enough, people have forgotten that THIS IS ALREADY THE LAW IN MOST STATES! The dramatic expansion of SCHIP already ensures that most children have access to guaranteed issue health insurance already. Although States like Arizona have recently terminated their SCHIP program because it has rendered them BANKRUPT. So be sure to check with your State SCHIP administrator to make sure there’s entitlement money left for you!
In addition, many States like Illinois have already passed similar legislation that allows children with pre-existing conditions to be insured on a guaranteed issue basis and to stay on their parents policy until the age of 26. Side bar: Are they REALLY still children at age 26?
21.) The democrats also left the 21% reduction in medicare payments to physicians out of the bill and state they will tackle that in another bill. BUT by NOT counting it in the final CBO score, they consider it “a savings”. By the way, that passed on April 1st, 2010 and here’s how that will not affect YOU. This 21% “doctor fix” passed AFTER the Mayo Clinic stated because of MASSIVE losses in 2008 they will NO LONGER BE ACCEPTING MEDICARE!
What will these kinds of cuts lead to? Health care rationing? Don’t believe me? It’s ALREADY happening! On April 10th, 2010 AFTER the new health care “reform” bill was passed. A woman in Florida was waiting for a bone marrow transplant and she was summarily DROPPED from Medicaid RIGHT before her surgery! Wonder if we’ll see the heads of the Centers for Medicaid Services at a “Congressional Hearing”?
22.) You know the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) that the Democrats “TRUSTED” to give “accurate predictions” on what the cost of their health care reform legislation would be? Yeah, their Director stated on March 8th, 2010 that the current U.S. Fiscal Policy is UNSUSTAINABLE.
23.) Speaking of the President, the law also EXEMPTS HIM & SENIOR CONGRESSIONAL STAFF MEMBERS FROM THIS LEGISLATION!
24.) Remember the other LIE promoted as a justification for this health care “reform” law. The one about “Uncompensated Care”? Yeah, here’s the TRUTH about that!
25.) Remember the law of “unintended consequences”. That ALWAYS applies to ANY Federal Legislation.
Click here to see the MULTIPLE NEGATIVE “side effects” of Obamacare.
Not everyone who attended the Palm Sunday service last week was happy about listening to Rev. Jeremiah Wright's radical sermon. Where is the balance of religious and philosophical views at Hartford Church? Remember, it was the Republicans under President Abraham Lincoln that freed the slaves and eventually gave the black man the vote. The Democrats, whom you support, have fought to keep the black man in physical and mental chains for hundreds of years and under the radical, President Barack Hussein Obama, continue to abort us and our future to this day.
I have been a member of Hartford since 1987, for over 23 years, and not once have I ever been asked to give a conservative point of view at any conference, meeting or before the congregation. For 23 years I have given you books, law review articles and op-eds I have written, and not one time did you ever say "thank you" or "Ellis, come to my office. Let's talk about how you can become a greater resource of intellectual diversity at Hartford." Rev. Adams, you are the man who married my wife and me on Sept. 11, 1993, and christened my two children in 1997 and 2001. … Is your treatment of me fair and just? I say not!
When will the intellectual racism and discrimination against conservative philosophical thought out of the Booker T. Washington tradition be stopped and a fair and balanced exposition of conservative ideas be allowed at your church? How long, Rev. Adams must I wait for justice?
Here is my article about Rev. Jeremiah Wright's sermon last week that was published in WorldNetDaily.com: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=135881
Rev. Adams, I challenge you to a debate at Hartford on the best philosophical ideas black America should follow. You can take the W.E.B. Dubois view, and I'll take Booker T. Washington.
Will you accept my challenge, Dr. Adams, or will you and Hartford Memorial Baptist Church continue to treat me as … The Spook Who Sat by the Door?
Ellis Washington, J.D.
Grosse Pointe, Michigan, U.S.A.
According to Dr. Scott Gottlieb, a health care scholar at the free-market American Enterprise Institute, the new bill will actually make it more costly for middle class families to buy health insurance by forcing those who shop on the individual market to buy generous, but expensive plans mandated under the new law. Middle class families earning $88,000 or more a year won't qualify for health care subsidies. A family earning $100,000 would end up spending nearly a quarter of their net income on health care.
2. Health insurance premiums will go down.
Health care premiums for those in the individual insurance market will rise 10 percent to 13 percent by 2016 under the plan, according to the Congressional Budget Office. While the cost of premiums will be subsidized with taxpayer dollars for 57 percent of those enrolled in the new government-run insurance exchanges, the 43 percent of enrollees who do not qualify for assistance will have to pay higher costs.
3. The bill creates jobs.
The Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, says that the health care reform bill will create "between 2.5 million to 4 million additional jobs over the next 10 years." But the fiscally conservative Beacon Hill Institute, part of Boston's Suffolk University, conducted its own analysis and found that in response to higher taxes and mandates on companies to provide insurance, "firms would be induced to fire or lay off workers" to the tune of 120,000 to 700,000 employees by 2019. The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank, found that the new taxes would kill 690,000 jobs per year.
4. Federal funding will not cover abortion.
Obama agreed on Sunday to sign an executive order to reaffirm the Senate bill's "consistency with long-standing restrictions on the use of federal funds for abortion." But pro-life groups say the executive order does not carry the force of a law and will do nothing to curb the provision in the bill they believe will allow taxpayer dollars to cover the procedure. "The president cannot amend a bill by issuing an order, and the federal courts will enforce what the law says," the National Right to Life Committee said.
5. If you like your current health care plan, you can keep it.
The new health care law will impose a list of benefits each health care plan will have to offer if they are to remain in business. The Congressional Budget Office also estimates that about 4 million people would lose their employer-based plan and be forced to buy plans on the new government exchanges.
6. Medicare costs will be cut, not services.
The bill makes $528 billion in cuts to Medicare, including a $136 billion reduction for Medicare Advantage. The Medicare Advantage cuts will force 4.8 million seniors off the popular plan by 2019. An additional $23 billion in cuts to Medicare will come from a panel charged with slashing Medicare spending.
7. The bill pays for itself.
The CBO found that the bill would reduce the deficit by $138 billion over 10 years, but the savings was achieved by leaving out a $208 billion provision lawmakers will have to enact later to ensure doctors are adequately paid for treating Medicare patients. When the "doc fix" is included in the bill, it runs $59 billion in the red over the next decade. And former CBO Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin said that "if you strip out all the gimmicks and budgetary games" the 10-year deficit would exceed $560 billion.
8. State won't get stuck with the bill.
The health care reform bill expands Medicaid to all non-elderly individuals up to 133 percent of the poverty line. The federal government would foot the bill for this expansion, but only until 2016. Beginning in 2017, states would gradually begin paying a portion of it. By 2020, states would cover 10 percent of the cost of Medicaid expansion.
9. There will be no rationing of care.
A survey conducted by the Medicus Firm, a medical recruitment company, found that 46 percent of physicians said they would quit or retire if the Democratic health care reform bill becomes law. The survey noted that "even if a much smaller percentage such as ten, 15, or 20 percent are pushed out of practice over several years at a time when the field needs to expand by over 20 percent, this would be severely detrimental to the quality of the health care system."
10. The bill does not raise taxes.
The bill imposes a 40 percent excise tax on insurance plans costing $10,200 for individuals and $27,500 for families. It also raises revenue by increasing the Medicare payroll tax for those earning more than $200,000, plus a new 3.8 percent tax on unearned income for these earners. The bill also imposes new taxes on drug makers, medical device manufacturers and health insurers that are likely to be passed on to consumers.
(Source Washington Examiner)
Saturday, April 17, 2010
The President's list of violations include:
* Tobacco tax increase and expanded enforcement authority*
* New tax on individuals who do not purchase government‐approved health insurance
* A 40% excise tax on high-cost health insurance plans
* A new "medicine cabinet tax" on over-the-counter purchases from HSAs, FSAs, and HRAs increasing the non-medical early withdrawal HSA penalty from 10 to 20 percent
* A "special-needs kids" tax (capping FSA contributions at $2500)
* An increase in the top Medicare payroll tax rate from 2.9 to 3.8 percent (in so doing raising the top marginal tax rate on labor from 37.9 to 43.4 percent)
* A hike in the capital gains rate from 15 to 23.8 percent
* A hike in the dividends tax rate from 15 to 43.4 percent
* A hike in the "other" investment tax rate from 35 to 43.4 percent
* An increase in the "reduction of the deduction" for medical expenses from 7.5 to 10 percent of AGI
* New annual taxes on health insurance companies, innovator drug companies, and medical device manufacturers
* A 10% excise tax for tanning salon sessions eliminating the deduction for employer-provided retiree Rx coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D
* Creating the "economic substance doctrine," which allows the IRS to disallow perfectly-legal tax deductions it deems are only being used to reduce tax liabilities
* Requiring 1099-MISC information reporting for small business payments to corporations, increasing compliance burdens for small employers
Friday, April 16, 2010
Thursday, April 15, 2010
"I don’t know where you get these ideas about the motives of the Democratic politicians. I will only say this: No, the Bill is not concerned about making you a beneficiary; it is concerned about making you a payer. It says only vaguely that you will get some healthcare. It doesn’t say how much, at what quality, and when. The only sure thing is that you will pay for it. Eventually you may discover that what you get is not worth what you pay for it; but the Bill doesn’t give you the option to refuse to pay for it.
"To confirm my words, notice the preparations the Federal Government is making to implement the Bill. Do you hear anything about more doctors, more hospitals, more medicines? Do you hear of any specific steps to improve the quality of healthcare? No. The only specific steps we see from the Federal Government are hiring thousands of IRS agents and buying guns for the IRS. Do tax-collectors cure diabetes? Do government guns provide healthcare?
"To give you a better picture, dear C.P., we are being marched to a concentration camp. You voted for it. You are excited because you think it will be better than your small house. They promise you 'freedom' (Arbeit Macht Frei, you know). They promise you living space. They promise you regular meals. They promise you 'right to employment.' They promise you a place to sleep. But as we approach, we see uniformed men, barbed wire, guard dogs, decrepit barracks, no kitchen, only a nasty dirty bakery. And a stone quarry in the distance.
"You say that the new healthcare will be cheaper and affordable for you. This is your second misconception: The healthcare bill will change only one thing. Everything will stay the same, costs, quality, personal responsibility, jobs, payments. Only now you will be added to the list of those who are insured."
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
"Since then my life has been turned upside down and I wake up some days feeling scared and fearful for my life. The media has attacked me. They have made me out to be a dishonest and untrustworthy person. The real Kenneth is a kind and trust worthy man that just wants to be respected as a good man with a positive attitude that loves all people, no matter what walks of life they come from. I go to church and I believe in God, I hope to move past all of this and go on with my life. I still do not have a job and this situation has just made my life more complicated."
" I was at a town hall and asked if he (Frank A. LoBiondo, Congressman for the 2nd District of New Jersey ) could tell the people assembled article 1 section 1 of the US Constitution - he did not know it - he confused it with the 1st amendment so I asked him to tell me the fist amendment - he told me he couldn't articulate it - FIRE CONGRESS - They don't even know the rights of the document they swore to uphold protect and defend !!!!!"
"Wouldn't it have been nice if this kind of information was disclosed BEFORE Congress voted on this unpopular legislation?"
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/04/07/nyt-shocker-obamacares-success-based-denying-medical-procedures#ixzz0kSHwjdoi
I used to sell health insurance. I knew the public would think this is about "free" health care.
"Often this takes the form of self-hypnosis. These people have to be racist, they have to be wrong (if you can’t argue ideas with them). Poor Steve Cohen is a perfect example of this, as are numerous members of our media. For this group, reification has set in. They can no longer look objectively at what is in front of them because they themselves have been turned into objects with eternally frozen pre-conditioned responses. Steve Cohen and these media types are not substantially different from Internet trolls, raging inchoately at something that offends them without taking the time to understand what they are attacking. Actually treating Tea Partyers as serious American citizens with ideas would threaten personality disintegration for many of these people. They are just incapable of opening their minds because their psyches might fall apart.
"A great contribution the Tea Party Movement could make – perhaps its greatest contribution – would be to truly “smash racism,” as we used to say in the Sixties. Nowadays, hyphenated racial groups do the opposite. They have become inherently reactionary, seeking to divide us as Americans for their own advantage. That preserves racism in perpetuity, just as the American people themselves are fed up with it and long since ready to move on. In effect, the Democratic Party has inadvertently turned itself into the party of racism by depending upon these vested interests to maintain power. The Tea Party Movement could overturn this. That would be truly revolutionary."
"It is important to show the colorful anger Americans might have against elected leaders and Washington. But people should also see the orange-vested Tea Party hospitality handlers who welcome you with colorful smiles.
"There were a few signs that could be seen as offensive to African-Americans. But by and large, no one I spoke with or I heard from on stage said anything that was approaching racist.
"Almost everyone I met was welcoming to this African-American television news producer.
"And though speakers railed against the 'lame-stream media,' activists and their leaders praised CNN, especially for being the only national media outlet riding along for the post-weekend stops. Some of them e-mailed me after my trip, thanking our crew for fairly giving them a voice."
Monday, April 5, 2010
"In recent months, a disturbing trend has been emerging where a small percentage of users have grown increasingly bold in their attacks on other users. These attacks may include outright slander, libel and defamation. At times, the attacks contain overt references to sexual or other bodily function activity in the most graphic and vulgar of terms. The attackers will also resort to posting links within messages appearing to be news and opinion tweets in which the links go to graphic pornographic or scatalogic images. Finally, the last method of attack so to create faked retweets of messages from users in which overtly racial (including use of the 'N' word), pornographic, or graphic sexual activity is falsely attributed to the target of the attack."
Sunday, April 4, 2010
"Today Gallup released their own look at the Tea Party movement with a slight difference. The Winston Poll surveyed people who said they were part of the Tea Party movement, this Gallup Poll identifies people who say they support the Tea Party movement. One can assume that these audiences are very similar as the Tea Party base is 27% US in Winston and 28% in Gallup."
Saturday, April 3, 2010
This is a trojan horse for more federal control over individuals.
"However, it’s not necessary to understand all the psychological and possible genetic factors that go into making up the liberal mind to see just a few of its obvious manifestations:
"Distorted view of fairness where all benefits flow one way
Revulsion toward responsibility, even if it means decreased life benefits
Constant state of existence as a victim of others
Refusal to allow others benefit of their work
Jealousy toward achievement of others
Belief in a nanny state or a constant caregiver with no strings attached
Ignorance as to how money is really earned and its value
Lashing out personally against ideas that don’t match their views
Indifference to the rights of others, as long as theirs are allowed
Disparaging of the norms of society, but willing to use them as weapons
Elevating all wants and needs to the level of inalienable rights
The list is not even close to being inclusive, but the pattern should be emerging to anyone who has successfully grown through the early pubescent years of human intellectual development. If you have a teenager, you’re being reminded of it once again.
"And this is precisely why we can understand liberals, but they cannot understand us. We have been there. It’s a normal part of our development to go through this phase. The abnormality is being unable or unwilling to grow beyond this stage into responsible adulthood. In other words, liberals live in a constant state of teen rebellion, lashing out at anything that does not serve their needs, immediately.
"Some may ask: Well, what’s the harm? What damage could such a mind do? In the body of a 13 year old, the damage is much easier to control, but it is still dangerous if not controlled. It is obvious why we set minimum ages for driving, drinking, and voting. The normal mind is capable of handling these responsibilities at those ages.
"However, in the body of an adult, with access to all of the benefits of adult life, the damage can be immeasurable, even with a small percentage of these defective minds in society. They are willing to become single-minded of purpose and band together to obtain what they want. They do not believe in any rules, except for getting what they want. Unlike a 13 year old that might slam a door and throw a tantrum, when these folks throw a tantrum, it is loud, public and it gets attention. Because they don’t care about rules, they will damage property and do and say the most outrageous things to get attention They have the ability as a result to fool normal people into believing that they are a larger group than they are.
"According to Gallup, we only have about 20 percent of the population that really is deeply liberal. The rest of society is made up of about 41 percent conservatives, and about 35 percent moderates. (It’s believed that many who list themselves as moderate in current polls only do so due to the constant demonization of conservatives in the media, but they still hold conservative beliefs.)
"So, how do you deal with liberals? Remember, you understand them, and they don’t understand you. They are not willing to consider your viewpoints as valid. In fact, due to their immature state of development, they probably see you more in an objective rather than human form. To them, you are simply an obstacle to their desires or something from which to obtain desires. Therefore, dialog is rarely going to be possible.
"My preferred method of dealing with liberals is to smack them down when they make a direct, personal attack. In no way should we give them even a momentary impression that we will put up with this behavior. It is their preferred method of attack. It’s also important to make them understand that they are up against an immovable force. Again, this goes back to dealing with teenagers. Being consistently firm in opposition to their plans or bad behavior is essential.
"Knowing that liberals will demand you play by rules but they do not, you can expect that they will accuse you of every breach of conduct possible. Liberals are very much that snotty kid that pulled your hair in seventh grade that cried to the teacher when you slugged him in return. You’ll be called racist, homophobe, selfish, greedy, anything they can throw at you to try to make you back down or get on the defensive. Don’t buy it for a second. Your natural instinct is to defend yourself. Don’t bother. Your facts will fall on deaf ears. They don’t care. They only wanted to put you off balance and use the moment to take advantage.
"Understand that liberals often feed off each other’s beliefs, even if they are completely outrageous and untrue. They engage in a kind of group speak of lies upon which they reinforce their distorted world view. Remember that table of Marxists in your student union building, always sitting together, making their plans and dreaming of 'their world, their way'? Every school has at least a few of these somewhere. You knew they were nuts just by the look in their faces. Don’t engage this aspect of their interaction directly, individually. Just throw in a monkey wrench of facts or ridicule from time to time to interrupt the twisted flow of ideas.
"Liberals are shallow of emotion and thin of skin. They are easily offended and take offense at nearly everything. Knowing this can give you excellent opportunities to throw them off balance. They can also be easily angered and even demoralized if you pick the right weak points of their fragile psyches.
"Liberals can easily be defeated in public rallies. They are usually in very small numbers compared to what the average tea party group can turn out. Counter-protests are very effective. You’ll find that if you turn out in 10 times the numbers to each of their little gatherings a couple of times, their numbers will decrease in the future.
"This is by no means a complete guide to understanding and battling liberals, but using your own well-developed adult common sense, you should have all the basics necessary to draw upon your own experience and handle these people in the future."
"Obama has made sure that all of his records are sealed tight. And apart from the courageous souls at the various educational institutions who dared to speak the truth, the schools Obama claimed to attend unanimously refuse to release transcripts, records, or other bits of evidence concerning Obama's presence in their institutions.
"BREAKING DEVELOPMENT--just as these disturbing facts come to light about Barack Obama, the White House is busy making deals with numerous 'journalists,' promising unprecedented access to the President in exchange for refraining from reporting certain information 'they may discover.'"
Friday, April 2, 2010
"'The Obama Administration stepped right into the shoes of the Bush Administration, on national security generally and on this case in particular,' Eisenberg said, referring to the lawsuit brought by his clients, an Oregon branch of an Islamic charity and two American lawyers. The plaintiffs argued successfully before federal Judge Vaughn Walker that their conversations were illegally wiretapped under the Bush Administration's secret surveillance program."
"After a recent interview on security issues with talk-show host Laura Ingraham, we discussed this issue off-mike. When I said, 'No votes for illegal immigrants,' Laura gave me that piercing look of hers and completed the line for me: 'No votes for illegal immigrants—ever.'"
"The assault was a calculated attempt to intimidate and silence Tea Party protesters and town hall activists. On the morning of the Gladney attack, the White House presented to Senate Democrats a 'battle plan' to quell the protests. The advice given to the Democrats by the White House was to 'punch back twice as hard', and the first casualty was Kenneth Gladney. In the emergency room of the St. John’s Mercy Medical Center, Gladney was treated for injuries to his knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face suffered in the attack.
"The six people arrested in the Gladney case, including a Post-Dispatch reporter, were charged with mere misdemeanor ordinance violations, with a total of ten charges spread out among the six offenders. Not one Democrat rushed to a microphone to denounce the attack against Gladney as a 'hate crime'.
"Based on the lack of any outrage by Democrats over the Gladney beating, it seems that the newly enacted 'hate crime' legislation pushed by Democrats would not apply to cases of hateful brutality against black Republicans. The Hate Crimes Prevention Act was signed into law by President Barack Obama on October 28, 2009 and is designed to punish crimes of violence against people because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability."