"What luck for the rulers that men do not think." -Adolf Hitler
"I will bring this war to an end in 2009. So don’t be confused." -- Senator Barack Obama

"If you don't like Obama, you is a racist!" -- Kelonda

Search This Blog

"If the government robs Peter to pay Paul, he can count on the continued support of Paul.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thomas Lifson: Obama's botched bow

"Bad enough that Obama bowed down to another head of state yesterday. Even worse, he did not bother to learn how one bows in Japan, and just winged it.

"I agree with Scott Johnson, Steve Gilbert, Andrew Malcom, and many others that the President of the United States should not be bowing before any head of state. But unlike these astute observers, I actually know a little something about the art of the bow in Japan, having lived in Japan four different times on a resident visa, taught East Asian Studies at Harvard, and counseled many hundreds of American, European, Middle Eastern, and Australian executives on how to work and negotiate with the Japanese -- including teaching them the right way to bow.

"Obama's bow violates a fundamental precept: NO TOUCHING while bowing."

Until I saw the photo I did not think anything about it because I been to Japan and know about bowing. But when I saw that Obama actually shook hands while bowing, I thought that looked asinine. When one bows in Japan, he puts his hands on his thighs and bends at the waist. That is all.

No comments: