"What luck for the rulers that men do not think." -Adolf Hitler
"I will bring this war to an end in 2009. So don’t be confused." -- Senator Barack Obama

"If you don't like Obama, you is a racist!" -- Kelonda

Search This Blog

"If the government robs Peter to pay Paul, he can count on the continued support of Paul.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Atheists to Pose as Students to Get Origin Book

When atheists pose as students to get free copies of a special edition of On the Origin of Species, they are going to have a few problems. So says the author of the book's controversial Introduction. Ray Comfort said, "We have more than 1200 people giving out 170,000 copies of the book, and this is just the beginning. We want to do the same with every university in the country." Not every atheist is planning on burning or defacing the book. But their Forums are abuzz:

* "I wonder if they list somewhere which universities they will be at. I'd like to pick up a copy."
* "These will become collectors items. I'm serious, I want one. A signed copy would be preferable."
* "I want one of these!"
* "I'd love to get my hands on a copy of this, do you have any more info on when and where exactly I can pick up a copy?"
* "I'd love to get my hands on a copy of this."
* "I'm so jealous! I wanted to snag one of those!"
* "Get them to autograph a copy of it. I would love an autographed copy of that book, and now's your opportunity to get one for free."
* "Get me a copy! I desperately want one. I will pay shipping."

Comfort says, "We didn't plan to make it available to the public, but have since placed it on Amazon.com. Hundreds of atheists gave my book You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence But You Can't Make Him Think the lowest rating possible to stop people from reading it. They are doing the same for this edition of On the Origin of Species. See http://www.livingwaters.com/origin "Press kit" for textual, audio, and video sound bites.

No comments: